Online & Mobile Banking Security Tips
West Suburban Bank takes great care to safeguard the security of your online banking and mobile banking transactions with us. As our customer, you can help further protect your online banking and mobile banking experience. You can protect your confidential information and prevent online fraud and identity theft by following the suggested guidelines below.
Online Banking Security Guidelines:
All Authorized Users should sign-off after every Service session; however, online sessions will automatically end after ten (10) minutes of inactivity. This is to protect you in case you accidentally leave your computer unattended after you log-in.
Mobile Banking Security Guidelines:
When using a mobile phone to access your bank accounts via mobile banking, the following security precautions are recommended.
- Configure your phone to automatically lock after a short period of inactivity and require at least a six-digit code that is not easily guessed to unlock your phone.
- If your phone supports it, use a reliable virus detection product.
- Some mobile phone services can remotely erase all information on a phone if it is lost or stolen. This type of service is recommended in the event the mobile phone used for mobile banking is lost or stolen.
- Keep your mobile phone in a safe location.
- If you change your mobile phone number or your phone is lost/stolen, notify West Suburban Bank immediately.
- Frequently delete text messages received from us, especially if they contain account information.
- Do not modify the operating system on your mobile phone (i.e. “Jailbreak” or “Root” your phone). This activity can weaken the security of your mobile phone.
- Important: Microsoft Support for Windows XP Operating System expires April 8, 2014. For more information from Microsoft click on the following link:
|West Suburban Bank, Member FDIC.|
|Serving DuPage, Kane, Kendall and Will Counties, Illinois.|