Mobile Deposit is available in the mBanking App. Mobile Deposit is a secure feature that allows you to deposit a paper check into your West Suburban Bank checking, savings or money market account from anywhere using your mobile device*. The mBanking App is available in the iTunes, Google Play store or Amazon.
All Online Banking users can sign up for mBanking for free. If you're not currently signed up, we encourage you to try it today. With our free mBanking, you can check balances, transfer funds, get account updates, pay bills and make deposits using the mBanking App. To get started today, follow these simple steps within Online Banking:
- Select All Services & Setting, then under Banking Services choose Mobile Management Account heading click the "Mobile Management" link.
- Select the method you wish to use, whether it's Mobile Banking and/or SMS (Text) Banking.
- Follow the text message instructions you receive on your phone and you can begin using mBanking right away.
- Once you complete the enrollment process, you can download the mBanking App from iTunes or the Google Play Store.
*Mobile Deposit is available in the West Suburban Bank Mobile App which is available for select mobile devices. Enroll in Mobile Banking (mBanking) via Online Banking and download the WSB mBanking App from the iTunes or Google Play store. Mobile Deposit is only available to mBanking App users. Message and data rates may apply. Subject to eligibility and further review. Deposits are subject to verification and not available for immediate withdrawal. Deposit limits, fees and other restrictions apply. iTunes, iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. iOS is registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license. © 2015 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Android™ and Google Play™ store are a trademark of Google Inc. Amazon Appstore, Kindle and fire are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Mobile Deposit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: What is Mobile Deposit?
A: Mobile Deposit is a secure feature that allows you to deposit a paper check into your West Suburban Bank checking or savings account from anywhere using your mobile device.
Q: How should I endorse the check when using Mobile Deposits?
A: The back of each check should be endorsed as follows:
1. Consumer Depositors agree to endorse all items with your signature followed by "For WSB Mobile Deposit Only" on the back of all items.
2. Business Depositors agree to stamp the back of your check with your business endorsement stamp. If not stamped, sign the back of your check as indicated in the payee line followed by "For WSB Mobile Deposit Only" on the back of all items.
Please note: If the back of the check is not properly endorsed, we reserve the right to reject the check from deposit.
Q: How quickly will the deposit be credited to my account?
A: All deposited funds will appear in your account once the transaction is approved. Deposits submitted after 5:00 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, and after 3:00 PM CT on Saturday will be deposited in your account on the next mobile banking day. Mobile banking days are Monday through Saturday, excluding Federal Holidays.
Q: What else do I need to send in my deposits?
A: After you endorse the back of the check(s) according to the instructions above, you will need to log into the mBanking App and follow the Step-by-Step guide.
Q: Are there any deposit items that cannot be submitted using the Mobile Deposits?
A: The following items cannot be submitted for deposit using Mobile Deposits:
- Savings Bonds
- Foreign Checks
- Travelers Checks
- Previously deposited Checks or any item previously converted to a Substitute Check
- Any item drawn on the account in which you are making the deposit
- Checks drawn against a line of credit
- Any items that is "stale dated" (6 months or older, or per check instruction) or "post-dated"
- Any item that is incomplete (i.e. missing the date, missing the payee, etc.)
- Any item that contains evidence of alteration to the information on the check
- Any item that is stamped with a "non-negotiable" watermark
- Any third party check (any item that is made payable to another party and then endorsed to you by such party)
- Check or items which are otherwise not acceptable under the Terms and Agreements of your accounts(s)
Q: How many checks can I deposit in the same day?
A: Mobile Deposit limitations are available in the mBanking app under Mobile Banking Times and Limits. You can also view Mobile Deposit limitations by clicking here.
Q: How long should I hold on my check(s) after submitting via mobile deposit?
A: After submitting your check via mobile deposit, please securely store your check for 14 days. Once the deposit appears in your online/mobile banking history or on your statement and 14 days have passed, you are free to securely discard the check. We recommend shredding it.