MyCard Creation - Image Guidelines
MyCard FAQs - For Credit Cards
Uploaded photo images must meet these criteria:
File Format: JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, or BMP
Resolution: a minimum of 300 dots-per-inch (DPI) or higher is recommended for best results
File Size: cannot exceed 10 megabytes (MB), or 10,000 kilobytes (KB)
General - Use a high quality photo from your digital camera - the better your photo the better your card will look. Low resolution photos, photos that are too small in dimensions, scanned photos, photos that are resized/stretched, and/or very dark or very light photos will not produce a quality card image.
To upload an image, the image file must be located on a storage device that is accessible by the personal computer on which you are using to customize your West Suburban Bank credit or debit card.
West Suburban Bank or its third party supplier(s) have the sole discretion to approve or disapprove an image based on these criteria and its review process. If your image disapproved due to not meeting these Image Guidelines, we will notify you by email or phone and ask you to re-submit a new image for consideration.
An image will be disapproved if it contains any of the following prohibited content:
- Sexual/provocative/obscene/profane/vulgar subject matter of any nature;
- Partial or full nudity;
- Political subject matter of any nature;
- Offensive racial/prejudicial subject matter of any nature;
- Offensive religious subject matter of any nature;
- Advertising of any nature*;
- Self-promotion of any nature (e.g., personal business card)*;
- Copyrighted material of any nature*;
- Branded products/services, including abbreviations, acronyms and/or symbols of any nature*;
- Solicitations, including telephone numbers or services of any nature (e.g., 900 or 800 numbers URLs);
- Celebrities/musicians/athletes/entertainers/public figures/cartoon characters, etc., of any nature*;
- Affiliation with groups that are determined to be of a “socially unacceptable” nature, including scenes, names or symbols, or illegal or anti-social behavior;
- Depiction of violent acts or death imagery;
- Depiction of alcohol, tobacco, drugs or firearms;
- Depiction of or reproduction of currency;
- Anything that interferes or may interfere with the required security features of the card;
- Subject matter of any nature that might result in card acceptance confusion or non-acceptance by merchants;
- Subject matter of any nature that might result in card fraud;
- Reference to any Visa® card brand sponsored properties/events*;
- Competitive card brand or institution marks or names;
- Any graphic design element that might reflect poorly on or might engender hostility toward or might cause derision of or might bring into disrepute the Visa brand.
- Any graphic design element that might reflect poorly on or might engender hostility toward or might cause derision of or might bring into disrepute the Card Issuing Institution or associated organizations/businesses;
- Also take into account any applicable local laws, regulations, or cultural sensitivities and customs in the target market where the card will be used.
*The foregoing shall not apply to the use of any company image, copyrighted material, branded products/services, including abbreviations, acronyms and/or symbols, trademarks, personalities or names to the extent legally owned by or licensed to the cardholder or business/organization and separately approved for use on the card (e.g., affinity or co-branded programs, business or corporate cards, etc.)Back to Top